Sunday 21 November 2010

Turnstones

Report. T.R.Moore. 21st November 2010

Managed a short visit to Par this afternoon 1400-1600 hrs.

PBP was much the same as my last visit with the only birds worth reporting : 4x Grey Herons and 1x Cormorant.

Walking towards the western river from the rough car park I flushed a flock of 15x Chaffinches . I was hoping to see one of my old friends the Stonechats but I failed to locate one.
The river itself was deserted. The only bird visible was a Little Egret high up in the trees far upstream.

The shoreline was alive with Turnstones ...I estimated 40 + ...little else was seen except 6x Grey Wagtails.
Further up shore close to the debris around the dune area adjacent to Imerys was a large flock of Pipits C15 .
I think Meadow but I cannot be sure.

The scope produced 4x Great-Crested Grebes in the eastern side of the bay and another couple of un-identified.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites