Sunday 15 August 2010

Woodpecker Returns.

Report. T.R.Moore. 15th August 2010

A lovely start to the day with sunshine lasting into the early afternoon.
My first port of call was Penrice and today I was rewarded with the return of the Great Spotted Woodpecker who I had not seen for a month or so . Nuthatches numbered three and they were very active...the most I have seen at the same time. The Jay was still very wary and kept his distance the whole time I was there. Coal Tits, Great Tits, Blue Tits and the rather shy Robin also visited the table...the only notably absence was the male Pheasant.

The Manoa Valley was alive with small birds...Chiffchaff, Wren, Robin, Chaffinch and a party of six Long-Tailed Tits fluttered about the trees.

On to Par.
It was like a carnival with people everywhere...parking was hopeless and the chance of seeing anything new was virtually nil.

On to Menabilly.
The crowds were just the same with the roadside packed with cars and people.....we gave up and returned home.

Until the holiday is over I feel Par will produce very little of note.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites