Tuesday 27 April 2010

Early Start.

Early start this morning 1000hrs. I was hoping optimistically that the Common Tern was still at the PBP...unfortunately he was not. Nothing else was either except the residents.
Moving up to have a look at the misty shoreline all I spotted was five GBB Gulls bobbing on the far away sea with the Herring Gulls. Next up the Dunes by the Par River and a couple of Pied Wagtails and a Stonechat were welcome sights. Walking towards the Wilderness I saw Chaffinch, Greenfinch, Robin and numerous Blackbirds.
The walk as far as the woods turned up nothing and I stopped awhile in an area where I have never hardly seen a bird. Today was a little different as I watched Great Tits and Blue Tits fluttering about in the Fir Trees. Taking the path back between the caravans and the woods I spotted the best of the day...a male and female Bullfinch ..the female being a first for me at Par. Alas! they were gone too quickly for me to get a photograph.
On to St Andrews ..and as the Pool was virtually empty I proceeded to the Hard Rock Cafe and Swamp Area. After baiting up a little my first visitor and a new one for the Cafe was a Magpie. Very little else was seen ..Blackbirds ,Chaffinches, Blue Tits, Great Tits,the proverbial Robin and two Wrens in the Swamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites