Thursday 25 March 2010

Report from Roger Lane. (25th March 2010)

"A pleasure to meet you at PBPond today, glad you managed a brief outing even if it rained all afternoon ! I only stayed from c.2.30 to 3.30pm. As you said there were c.12 x Sd.Martins, but I'm sorry to say that after you had left (!) a mature SWALLOW with long streamers came out of the mist, and I'm not sure there wasn't another amongst the Martins ! I did not see the Blk.T.Godwit until later as I left, probing in the poolside grass, made super-soft by the rain.
I drove up to the western car-park and battled with the elements to see anything. Eventually despite wet optics I did see a single GCGrebe and best: 2+, Sandwich Terns, who knows how many others were shrouded in the sea-fog !"

Thanks for the report Roger. I had a feeling I was going to miss something.
The weather was really bad and not ideal for looking out to sea....you did well with the Terns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites