Thursday 25 March 2010

Out Again.

Well I managed a short visit to PBP today 1430 hrs. My first sighting was a dozen Feral Pigeons by the Indian Restuarant.eight were of the white form.
The pool held most of the usual residents plus a duo of Great Blacked Gulls bobbing mid pool.
The Sand Martins were hawking just above the pools surface and I thought there was probably a dozen...later confirmed by Roger.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw the Black-Tailed Godwit in one of the many car park puddles...I took a couple of long range shots and decided to drive closer...the daft bird never flinched as I got within seven foot of him and carried on as if he was oblivious to all around him ( must have been like me.... deaf) I took some more shots and left him in peace.
The top car park was a waste of time with the rain, swell and poor visibility and I saw nothing. Well done Roger finding the Sandwich Terns.
The only other birds I saw were four Oystercatchers on the grass by the huts.

Still It was a successful day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites