Monday 8 February 2010

Report from Roger Lane. (8th February 2010)

"What a successful weekend you had . I gather from the species that you went as far as Carrick Roads. I reckon the Roseland Peninsula (especially the surrounding seas) has the best bird fauna in C'wall, for wintering. Today must have been a bit of a let down for you !
I did my customery round, following in the footsteps of Mark I see ! First down to Porthpean (2pm to 3pm), just, 2 x Gannets; 30+, Fulmars; 1 x Comm.Scoter; 1 x G.C.Grebe; 1 x GNDiver and 3 x BTDivers.
on to Carlyon Bay upper cliff car-park, only, 2 x GNDivers; 4 x BTDivers and 1 x Red Throated Diver.
Then St.Andrews Pond: 1 x Tufted D and 2+ Teal. On to Par B.Pool: where only 8 x Tufted Ds!
Par Bay not much better with 3 x Ringed Plover, Turnstones, Oystercatchers and 6 x GCGrebes ! (4.30)."

Thanks for the report Roger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites