Sunday 24 May 2009

A Clean Dozen

Yesterday evening Angie and myself visited Par Freshwater Lake to get an update on some of the youngsters. Unfortunately there is not a lot I can report. I did not see the remaining Cygnet and that left me feeling a little sad.. but I can report that Angie received an email today showing the Swan and Cygnet so that is good news.
The Goslings we saw across the lake but could not reach them to do a head count.
The Mallard was happy as she passed with her four offspring at heel.
Now the really good news. With better eyes and ears with me yesterday the patch ticks leaped up by one dozen. In the order they were seen.
Cormorant at Spit Beach in the afternoon. Photographed in the evening at Par .
Little Egret. Far side of the lake.
Great Black -backed Gull . Lakeside
Chiffchaff. In the Gorse.
Reed Bunting. Feeding on grass by reed bed.
Heron. Far side of lake.
Stonechat. Gorse
Sandwich Tern. Par offshore.
Starlings. Rooftop Imery's.
Whitethroat. Gorse.
House Martin. Par Beach
Linnet. Gorse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites