Friday 10 December 2010

Waxwings Getting Closer

Report. John Rance. 10th December 2010

"I suspect a lot of these sightings may be duplicates of others already sent in today, but just for posterity;

On the Pool 9.30ish: Amongst others, ‘the’ Common Gull, BH and Herring Gulls, Coot, Moorhen, Mallard, Teal, Gadwall, Shoveler,Tufted Duck, Snipe, at least 2 Water Rail

Also ‘the’ pair of Goldeneye in the river near the slipway.

I wonder who will have the first patch Waxwing of the winter? I gather there were some in Truro yesterday- Tesco’s at Holmbush gets my bet!"


Thanks for the report John.
If anyone sees a Waxwing around the Baywatch area please let Angie or myself know.
I hope you are correct John. Tesco's is only a stones throw from me and it would be another Life Tick for both of us.

1 comment:

  1. No luck at Tesco's or B&Q today :-( Co-op's a possibility though - I saw some berries near the disabled parking bays, not that I parked there of course :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites