Wednesday 1 December 2010

Eider Ducks at Par Bay.

Report. R.Lane. 1st December 2010

"Difficult to collate Mon/Tues/Wed birds at Par (especially as I did not see them first,or at all in some cases!). Those that I know about and may still be around were found mainly by Sid Coles, Andrew Carey or Ian Profit, during the 3 days.On Par Pond (mostly 50% iced over) the following were included: 80+, Teal; c.10, Wigeon; c.12, Gadwall; 4 x Shoveler; 2 fem.Goosander (AC); 4,Tufted Duck and 2, Pochard.
Inshore at Par Bay were 3 , Comm.Eider Ducks and 10+, G.C.Grebes, all still present. Other species included: 2, Sanderling (IP); 2, Stonechats and POSSIBLY individual Swallow sightings !!! Plus the few wintering waders out of Par Harbour, including a Turnstone staying around Par Pool today, 1stDec.2010."

Thanks for the report Roger.

I was at the PBP at 1000 hrs today and saw most of those with a little help from Ian.
The suns reflection on the sea made scoping very difficult. I saw just 2x G.C.Grebe, 2x Cormorants and what probably was 2xEider Ducks but I could not be sure as the reflection made it impossible to see anything but the basic shape.

St Andrews proved fair at the *Cafe* with the same birds as the last visit. ....still no Wren.
Andrew and Ian saw Siskins and Ian heard a Water Rail.
A Buzzard was in the trees opposite also a Jay who I managed to get a long range photograph of.
The Marsh Tits were active and I am sure Andrew and myself have better shots than my last visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites