Monday 29 November 2010

Marsh Tits

Report. T.R.Moore. 29th November 2010

Decided to have another sortie at St Andrews and the Hard Rock Cafe (1015 hrs)

A Cormorant was out of the water on the far side of the Pool close to the wooden bridge. I think if memory serves me right a first for me at St Andrews Pool.

The H.R. Cafe was very active with Marsh Tits, Coal Tits, Robin, Blackbirds, Dunnocks, Great and Blue Tits and a Song Thrush. Also spotted was a Buzzard and two Jays in the surrounding trees.

Photo wise I was a little disappointed with the Marsh Tit shots as most were not as sharp as I would have liked them to be. Still I was shooting on a setting of 800ISO to get 1/150 shutter speed. Hand held and the speed that they move at I probably did the best I could on the day with the prevailing conditions.

Down at Par.

A very brief look at the partly frozen pool did not produce anything of note. A lone Grey Heron in the trees.
On the grass verge close to the Indian Restaurant were 3x Redwings and a number of Blackbirds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites