Sunday 17 October 2010

Water Rail.

Report. John Rance.17th October 2010

"Spent a nice afternoon in 'the patch', firstly up at Menabilly checking out the stubbles fields: Wheatear, Gold and Greenfinches, Linnet, Chaffinch, Skylark, M Pipit, Buzzard and Kestrel, amongst others; and then onto the Pool where it was rather crowded so I only did a quick scan and picked up nothing remarkable until on my way out, driving past the ticket hut with the window down did I hear the unmistakable squeal of a Water Rail coming from the flooded woodland opposite. Didn't have the chance to stop again to locate it unfortunately. That's the first WR I've seen or heard at the Pool since the Spring so a newly arrived migrant I suspect-Winter must be on its way, despite the sunshine!"

Thank you for the report John.

Geoff reported the Water Rail in the previous post. I suspect it was the same bird. Well done both of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites