Saturday 2 October 2010

Terns.

Report.R.Lane. 2nd October 2010

"Wasted half-hour at Par today. Did see the Little Grebe (juv) and 1 x Bar Headed Goose on the Pool. Also the southerly wind had brought a few Terns into the Bay, but only briefly. There were 4+, Sandwich Terns and 2+, COMMON Terns. Hopefully someone saw more from Spit."

Thanks for the report Roger.

I have had a report of a Razorbill on the Par River . The photograph did indeed look like a Razorbill but at the moment I do not have permission to put it up on the Blog.
Is this a rare occurrence?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I would consider this extremely unusual, but known elsewhere. Often an injured/unwell bird might take this action. I shall be interested to see the photo. Have not even seen one in St.Austell Bay this autumn !I have seen one on Par Pool years ago in storms.

    ReplyDelete

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites