Wednesday 29 September 2010

Out of Bounds. Davidstow.

It was a cold, wet and miserable morning that Andrew Carey and myself set out for Davidstow.
Arriving close to the Control Tower we saw Derek Julian and Jon Mitchell.
 Derek said  a Buff- Breasted Sandpiper was in the grass across the road.
John had the bird in view on his scope and kindly let me see what was a life tick for me.
Andrew took a few record shots in the Arctic conditions.
 I was frozen and cursed myself for leaving my fleece and gloves behind. The wind chill was awful and it blew straight across the Airport. Apart from 3x Ringed Plovers nothing else of note was seen.
We did try later to get closer to the bird  but unfortunately we never located it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites