Sunday 11 July 2010

Par List.

Report. A.Tonry. 11th July 2010


"Trevor tagging along with me today, but he hates my driving! Should have stayed in for the Grand Prix T! I took him off the patch, so I shall not report that.

Quick visit to Par Beach Pool on the way home - 6.45pm (parked up by the caravans) and in no particular order, as I am short of time:- Little Egret 1, Grey Heron 1, Black Headed Gull 25 plus 1 Juv (pic attached – NO Juv Med Gulls!!!), Lesser Black Backed Gull 1, Mallard c130, Cormorant 1, Canada Goose c100, Mute Swan 15 plus 5 Cygnets still (a 3 and a 2), Swallow 4, Carrion Crow 2, Dunnock 2, Greenfinch 4, Blackbird 2, Chiffchaff 1, Coot 17, Moorhen 9, Reed Warbler 3 together in the reeds over the far side of the pool, House Sparrow 4, Woodpigeon 3, Goldfinch 2, Great Tit 2, Pied Wagtail 4. I have also convinced myself that there was a snoozing Snipe in the edge of the reeds on the far side of the pool, but my images are bad, so better not take that seriously with my track record! A quick visit to the top car park where it was very noisy (from the docks):- Cormorant 3, Black Headed Gull c56, Herring Gull c60 including the dock area, Starlings 11 perched up on the docks, Whimbrel 2 flew in and behind the harbour wall to roost, Chiffchaff 1 (heard), Lesser Black Backed Gull 1, Magpie 2, Carrion Crow 4. A Songthrush was heard near the Ship Inn as we were leaving.

In addition I noticed this morning that one of the House Martin nests at Penrice House is no longer in use. I think they have abandoned it. The other nest however is full of noisy chicks and both parents were present today, bringing in food. I tried to count how many visits they made in my 35 minutes by the nest, but Molly was telling me a story about Woodpigeons, which she has told me a few times and I lost count!"

Thanks for the report Angie.

I did (again) take photographs of the Jay at Penrice and I also saw my first Green Woodpecker on the ground...unfortunately I had packed the camera away and was on my way back home .

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites