Tuesday 20 April 2010

Report from Roger Lane. (April 19th 2010)

"Absolutely nothing to report again (must be this settled weather!). But how could I better Mark's superb photo's of the Cetti's today ? At least that means it DOES show itself and you can see it too, which is more than I have, failed again today!
Even fewer butterflies at Pontsmill today, due to wind change i.e. only 1 x Holly Blue today; EIGHT sightings yesterday (17thApr), but nothing new either day.
The Cetti's must be one of THE most difficult birds to photograph. Can't help remembering how fortunate you were (at Radipole) to get a good shot. Let alone one singing from a willow, supposed to be the denizen of the reed beds !
Getting a bit disillusioned with endless sunshine, people parked all along 'my' coast, but a marked improvement today with the end of Easter Fortnight. I must go down to the seas again.
Which reminds me, there was something new yesterday, two young children came up ans showed me 'what they'd caught' which was a live 6" Starfish !"

Thanks for the report Roger.

I followed Mark at PBP at 1400 hrs and watched by the reed beds for twenty minutes and never saw a bird.
The Heron was again fishing at the poolside and five Mallard ducklings were swimming close by.
The Wilderness yielded up eight butterflies of which I managed to photograph two of them..a Speckled Wood (the one you have seen) and a Comma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites