Friday 16 April 2010

Report from Roger Lane. (16th April 2010)

" No I'm sorry to say it's only a Small Tortoiseshell !Only 4 x P.Ladies reported in G.Britain yet this year, but heard from Morocco, thousands are on the way. Your's could be a wilderness photo, there is a sizeable colony out there breeding on the short fresh nettles
Nothing to report today I'm afraid, even slow for butterflies at Pontsmill.However, I did see my first Green-veined White in the St.Blazey Valley (SX0655). Don't know if you count this as 'the patch' !
Oh, did find the Sp.Hawk's nest at Pontsmill and saw the male bird for first time (female 'daily', she seems to have been doing all the hunting ). I think the female took over from the male, probaly her turn to incubate !"

Thanks for the report Roger.
I think it is close enough to include as things have to be somewhat flexible.
Added to the year list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites