Tuesday 2 March 2010

Report from Mark Whittaker (2nd March 2010)

"1st March

Cliffpath from Par to Polkerris

1 Buzzard, 1 Kestrel (M), 30+ Meadow Pipit & 20 + Pied Wagtail in sheep field directly below farm, 1 singing Skylark and possible Whitethroat (heard not seen).

2nd March

By caravans behind Par Beach Pool

Reed Bunting (M & F), 10 + Greenfinch, 20+ Goldfinch, Chiffchaff & Jack Snipe. Nothing apparently from the Cetti's recently. Will keep my eyes and ears open. "

Thanks for the reports Mark.
The Jack Snipe would have been a Life Tick for me......pity I did not join you but unfortunately I ran out of time.

4 comments:

  1. I have seen a peragrin on the cliffs near Carlyon bay, Ringed plovers and Sanderlings on the rocks on the beach and a Redshanks by Par river.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When and where did you see the Sanderlings? Was it (Carlyon Bay or Par Bay)
    It is a little early for Spring migrants (so I am told)but birding can be full of surprises.
    If in future you wish for me to put your reports on the blog you can email it to me. Address on left hand side of the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At very low tide on some rocks on Par beach but way down near Polkerris. I'm not too good with waders but that was they looked like in my book. It was only a week or so ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no reports of them during that period .but..Roger was absent for most of that week and so was I to a lesser extent.. so anything is possible.

    ReplyDelete

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites