Sunday 28 March 2010

Report from John Rance (28th March 2010)

"Does the patch extend as far as the Luxylan Valley around Treffry Viaduct? If so, up there this morning;

1 Willow Warbler- seen and heard singing
1 Male Blackcap seen and heard singing- possibly a resident bird, but still going down as my first of the spring!
1 Dipper
1 Grey Wagtail

Also Marsh, Great, LT and Blue Tits, Mistle Thrush, Blackbird, Chiffchaff, Chaffinch, Treecreeper, Nuthatch and GS Woodpecker."

Thanks for the Report John.

Well I guess it does...I know Roger goes that way often enough so I cannot see a reason why not.

I nice morning haul and I would like to get up close to one or two of those for photographs.
We do have three resident Blackcaps (1m 2F) in our small garden.....see my other blog A&T Birding...and they have been with us since late December. Also Buffinches,Goldcrest and a Firecrest until recently. I think the Firecrest has probably left us as it has not been seen for over a week.

2 comments:

  1. I too have had a female b'cap in the garden over the winter, but she only appeared after the cold weather before xmas, and has dissapeared now so i assume she was a continental migrant- most continental arrivals are female anyway. The male I saw today was in full song as if staking out a territory and so is probably a recent arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you observed a nice array of birds. You make me feel even more eager for our own spring migration in NYC. Poor weather for it this weekend, but they'll be on the way soon in much greater numbers.

    ReplyDelete

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites