Thursday 4 March 2010

Jay at St Andrews Pool.

I decided to have an early start today and was at St Andrews Pool by 1000hrs. I had totally forgotten it is Dog Walkers time..make a mental note . The usual Woodland mob were around the Cafe area mopping up cubes of bread and remnants of seed left by people passing by or maybe religiously feeding them everyday ..I know not what. Disappearing into Swampland I saw a Jay land in the treetops way beyond photographic range...Wrens briefly showed and as quickly disappeared into the undergrowth.
I failed to locate the lone Tufted Duck today and wonder if he/she has now departed.

Next stop was Menabilly Barton. I was amazed to see the car park full of driverless cars and assumed a shoot was going on and it would be pointless staying. Well the place was virtually birdless so I may have been right.

PBP was still very quiet and just the usual residents in fact the only piece of good news was a Little Egret fishing in the water by the Indian Restaurant.

A cold day.

2 comments:

  1. Lets hope those Red Legged Partridge didn't make the pot .. that would make a nice patch tick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Mark you are right. I tried for them yesterday but did not locate them.

    ReplyDelete

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites