Tuesday 16 February 2010

Report from Roger Lane. (16th February 2010)

"Congratulations on your goodly list around Dawlish and the Tamar, no hope of catching you now !
Today got even worse (although several road works have gone, or moved). Visitors stopping me getting the car near the sea ! So, briefly, here's what I saw:
At Porthpean: 30+, Fulmars; 1 x Comm.Scoter; 1+, G.N.Diver and 1+, B.T.Diver and people! At Menabilly car-park just: 10+, Goldfinch; 50+, Chaffinch and 1 x male BRAMBLING, again ( & a Kestrel ).
At PBP: 5+, Tufted Duck and 5 adult L.B.B.Gulls (migrants?). In the Bay only 6 +, G.C.Grebes seen !"

Thanks for the report Roger.
I did not go to PBP today fearing a wasted journey with the roadworks in place.
Tomorrow I shall try and have a good session at the sites, weather permitting.
I need the Brambling so I shall be at Menabilly Barton with fingers crossed.

Today I had a short visit to the Manoa Valley before the rain interrupted my visit.
Grey Wagtail, Wren, Chiffchaff, Goldcrest and Long-tailed Tits entered the notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites