Thursday 7 January 2010

Report from Roger Lane. (7th January 2010)

"Met chap who first saw the Blk.Redstart (on caravans) and also heard from Mark via email this evening. Seems I'd better get my meagre list in before you hear from either of them !

Thurs.'7thJan'10: at PBPool were just: 2 x Comm.Gulls; 3 x C.Snipe; 1 x male Shoveler and among the geese, 2 x PINK-FOOTED GEESE ! (Thanks for confirmation from chap, above, passing by; I'm hopeless on grey geese ! Oh yes, and 1 x LAPWING of which there had apparently been more earlier). Patch ticks ?
In a long, cold, session overlooking Par Bay from western car-park there were only sundries, namely: 1 x Gannet; 1 x Wigeon (on sea); 8 x GCGrebes; 2 x GNDivers and 3 x B,T.Divers (seen once as they preened, after 45mins watching !)

P.S. Another 70+ Lapwing flew west along coast AFTER my first email to you this morning (when I had seen 20+Lapwing).Seen from home. Mark did very well at the Porthpean end of Bay today."

Thanks for the report Roger.
Yes ..you both have done really well today ...typically I had a very short trip down the Manoa Valley and did not manage to get to Par today.
That would be Ian Prophet Roger. I met him at St Andrews on the 1st..he was looking for the Y.B.Warbler but dipped.
A few to add to the latest patch sighting list.

2 comments:

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites