Wednesday 9 December 2009

Flypast.

Visited the site at 1415 hrs and noticed the Canada Geese were back on the pool.
I have noticed my afternoon visits are very disappointing bird wise and today was no exception.
The Stonechats that I look forward to seeing were hiding again today. The beach and foreshore held its usual Gulls, Oystercatchers and the odd Turnstone. There were also a few Oystercatchers feeding on the grass around the caravan park and playground area.
I walked upstream after seeing a Grey Wagtail ..but again I could not get close enough for a worthwhile shot. While I was doing this a Kingfisher flashed past going downstream but he was far too fast to follow . The Wilderness and Woods were empty ..but I suppose having to rely only on my eyes I miss quite alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites