Friday 13 November 2009

Roger Lane Reports

"I think there have probably been 4 x Tufted D. from 6thNov, have had 2, 3 or 4 most days. Those Brent Geese must be wintering in the vicinity -- or lost ! My 1 x GCGrebe of 23rdOct was unlikely to stay since it was alone and they are sociable in winter. Now you have 3 together the flock should build up to 15+ especially as it gets colder (Have has 20+, once!).
I've not been to Par for a few days, but got out to Porthpean late this afternoon. Rather mediocre though since it was high tide and they all disappear and seldom/never "fish the high tide". Was rather rough anyway, and poor light by the time I got there ! Modest 'score' was:

4 +, Gannets; 2 x G.N.Divers and 12 x Comm.Scoter. Gulls galore but too dark to I.D."

Thanks for the report Roger.
Let us hope next week brings a few days of better weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites