Wednesday 14 October 2009

Kingfisher.

After a few days down the far West it is back to the nitty gritty.
I had an early start and was hoping to get a glimpse of the Kingfisher Mark photographed yesterday.
The PBP was a little strange with nothing on the water but all busy jostling on the foreshore waiting for further scraps fed to them (what I suspect is a daily ritual) by members of the public.
Looking through the groups was a lot easier .but the outcome remained the same. Swans,Geese, Coots, Moorhens, Pied Wagtails, Crows, Jackdaws, Mallards and Herring and Black-headed Gulls.
No sign of anything new.
I decided to look for the Kingfisher around the Par River. A couple of Grey Wagtails were very prominent but always a shade out of good photographic range. As I moved to another position I saw a flash of blue as a Kingfisher probably saw me and shot across the small river and disappeared upstream. I waited for another thirty minutes and only had a brief glimpse of it further upstream before I was Joined by Nigel a local birdwatcher. After a brief exchange of pleasantries I decided to have a look at the beach and leave the man in peace as Angie always says I make to much noise...being deaf I would not know.
On the walk to the beach I saw Robins and a number of Stonechats singing from the perch tops.
The beach at low tide yielded much the same as it always does....Gulls out at sea, Rock Pipits, Starlings, Crows, Oystercatchers over the Harbour side of the River and a flock of Turnstones ..twenty plus feeding around the rocks an seaweed.
The Kingfisher was my first sighting at Par so was a patch tick.

4 comments:

  1. Well done on the Kingfisher and i'm still hoping also to get a good shot of those wagtails Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the patch tick. You'll get a shot of the Kingfisher if you stick to the plan ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Managed to photograph the Kingfisher for the records and like you are still trying for the Grey Wagtails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I am sure I will. It is just a question of time as the bird obviously has set feeding patterns, perches and area fished.

    ReplyDelete

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites