Monday 14 September 2009

Weekend Report.

Saturday.

"Only one item to report, but a good 'un. Was on the Polkerris path this afternoon searching for any more Cl.Yellows (NONE), when a flock of Pied Wags landed in the field (next to the one where the hay was turned today, i.e. south of it 'below' Trill Farm). I glimpse of 'something different' and I was lucky enough to pick out a single YELLOW Wagtail.
It may have come to the pond edge later, but then roosts in the reeds while the Pied Wags go into one of the empty harbour drying sheds. "

Sunday .

"Using my 'scope for 5 mins I found the season's first G.C.Grebe, and as I watched it 2 x Common Terns flew west round to Spit, ".

Thanks for the reports Roger.

The G.C. Grebe is hopefully the first of many Divers and Grebes to be seen in the Bay during the coming winter months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites