Saturday 12 September 2009

Friday Report. R. Lane

"Tonight at PBP were the usual: 1 x L. EGRET; 5 x Grey Herons (my max.), the Bar-headed Goose; 2 Cormorants and 12 Rabbits !
This afternoon I saw my 20th butterfly species for Par (this year), and incidentally my first anywhere this year ! This was a single Clouded Yellow, which obligingly alighted on a Hawksbit flower, long enough to see it was a male. It came in with other migrants (Rd.Admirals, more Painted Ladies and a few Small Tortoiseshells.). Also single Peacock and single Comma (residents).
Oh yes, and a single male Stonechat ".

Thanks again for the report Roger.

We seem to have had a few days of good weather which has kick started the Butterflies.
Well done on the Clouded Yellow . I hope you can add another one or two to the list while the weather holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites