Wednesday 17 June 2009

Great Tit

I took a stroll down to the harbour at Charlestown. The Square Sail sailing ships were all still absent and the harbour looks a little barren without them.

On the shingle beach path an adult Rock Pipit was darting around just in front of me...I glanced into the nearby hedge and saw a small shape peering at me, it had to be a youngster because it did not move even when I got a little closer. I took a few quick photographs and left them in peace.

We had a look at Par Beach Pool in the evening but it was residents only. The Gorse Walk did provide a patch tick when two Great Tits flew past us and into the distance.
The last part of the evening was spent trying to get a decent shot of the Goldcrest and the youngsters darting around the Pine tree.
We failed to get a decent image between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites