Wednesday 10 June 2009

Blue Tit

Last night we again decided to do the Pool and lane to Gribbin Head walk.....again there was very little activity although I did get a patch tick.

Par Beach Pool hosted its usual array of wildfowl and Pied Wagtails and the only new arrival to my eyes was the return of the Little Egret who may on may not have been out of sight on previous visits.

A lone male chaffinch walked along the poolside at the reed bed end and virtually nothing else made an appearance.

We stopped and looked around Tregaminion Churchyard located on the road to Gribbin Head ...seeing only a lone Robin.
In the adjoining field was a male Pheasant which I confess I made a hash of photographing.

The lane leading from the car park to Gribbin Head produced the highlight of the night (for me only) a number of Blue Tits playing in a tree. The tick that has been so long coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites