Tuesday 21 June 2011

Gribben

It's Andy Thomas from Shrewsbury again. I took a quick stroll out to the Gribben on Sunday morning. Lovely views of Gulls and Fulmars. More Gannets (12) than I have ever seen in the Bay. Is this unusual - I am used to seeing the odd 1 or 2?
 
Selection of photos attached.    




Included a photo of the faithful Heron at Par pool. He waded most of the way across it. Quite a let down - since childhood I have always imagined the pool to be very deep in the middle!

Report and photographs. Andrew Thomas

Thank you for the report and photographs Andrew.
I hope your mother is feeling better.
The water level at the pool is really low but I suppose the Heron shattered a few childhood memories and fears.
Not much I can tell you about the Gribben Gannets but someone may be able to answer it.

1 comment:

  1. I live in the fowey harbour area. A big group of gannets off the fowey to gribben head area is not rare but definitely doesn't happen daily. There seems to be a group or groups that travel large distances along the coast and happen to be here every so often.

    ReplyDelete

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites