Wednesday 23 March 2011

Par Butterflies.

Photographs and report. Andrew Carey.23rd March 2011








What a lovely day to be out and about, and I finished up at Par Beach, in the wilderness and boardwalk areas where I saw Comma (x6), Holly blue (x1, my equal earliest sighting) peacock (x3, 1 scruffy and 2 pristine), small tortoiseshell (x1) and speckled wood (x1 and a notably small specimen) butterflies in the space of an hour and a half, between 2.30 and 4.00pm.

Unfortunately, the holly blue was at least 15 ft above me, flitting amongst the ivy, and I was unable to get a picture, but I did take some shots of comma, peacock and speckled wood, one of each of which I have appended to this email.

Andy Cross had also seen the holly blue, by the end of the boardwalk, at about 1.00pm.
Great photographs Andrew.....

1 comment:

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites