Tuesday 29 December 2009

Report from Roger Lane. (29th Dec 2009)

"Despite the weather (!) I tried first Porthpean then, inevitably Par. Sea-fog so bad at P'pean, and worsening, job to reverse up the slipway ! Bit better at Par. Anyway, didn't see a lot but better than nowt.

Got to Porthpean about 2.30pm, rain eventually stopped and thickening sea-fog took over. Before the blanket fog arrived I did manage to see: 2 +, Guillemots; 20+, Fulmars; 6 +, GNDivers and 1 x BTDiver.
On to Par, too dark and rough (high-tide) to see anything from western car-park, so back to PBP only to find the male Gadwall had been joined by 2 females, not only that but all 3 were swimming with the female Goldeneye (from yesterday). Presumably since all 4 have visible white 'speculums' ! All went to roost behind the island, not seen again after 3.45pm."

Thanks for the report Roger.
I can see I am falling some way behind at the moment. Visitors have arrived and I am effectively grounded for a while.
When I do get sorted the Baywatch List should take off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites