Thursday 8 October 2009

Pipits and Goldfinches.

The window today was at 09.00 hours and really not the best of times. Personally I like to be out and about at low tide but beggars are not choosers.
The PBP is always a nightmare to me and trying to find something different is not easy . Today was no exception.....Mallards made for the parked cars anticipating free food and they seemed to have increased in numbers. Nothing unusual was observed and I moved on to the rough car park which has had a coating of grit. The tide was right in and nothing but the usual was seen on the tide line.
Rock pipits were darting around the exposed seaweed close to the dune area and the Par River.
A flock of thirty plus Goldfinches landed close by but were soon again on the wing.
I tried for the Kingfisher, Grey Wagtails and Dipper down by the slipway but did not see any sign of them or the Robin that frequents the area.
On the way out I tried the Eastern cliff area but it was to my eyes (no ears) devoid of birds. A look around the sluice gates was also non productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites