Saturday 19 September 2009

Wade in with the Waders at Par

I saw Derek Julian just as he was leaving Par and he kindly showed me his impressive list of what he had seen on the site.
The list is off the top of my head and I am sure there are many omissions . Naturally as a professional he had the number he had seen of each species.
The regulars on the PBP have been omitted but the female Teal is still on the Pool and worth a mention..

Ruff, Knot, Dunlin, Black-tailed Godwit, Bar-tailed Godwit, Oystercatchers, Ringed Plovers and Turnstones were all seen at Par Beach during low tide.
GBB Gulls and LBB Gulls were also on view with the more common species.
Sandwich Terns were spotted just offshore.

Unfortunately I missed the Ruff and Knot but saw all the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites