Wednesday 16 September 2009

Roger Lane Reports.

"Par was not quite empty today, the following all on PBP:

Usual Cormorants(2), G.Herons (2) and L.Egret (1)
At 4pm 5 WIGEON flew in onto pool (migrants) 2males
'Scope detected a Comm.Sandpiper over on the island.
Among the 260+, Canada Geese (!) was 1 x Weird Hybrid

Off the top of my head I would have thought Canada G. crossed with Chinese G. (Ne-Ne?), now I'll look it up and see ! 'Wildfowl' (of the world, Steve Madge) didn't help much since no hybrids shown ! Anyway this one on the pool had the back and neck quite like a Canada G., but the head !!! Great thick yellow/pink bill, large 'bald' (white) face patches (each side), face patch(es) 4 x as big as a Canada G. and oval shape !"

Thanks for the report Roger.

I will try and get a photograph of it if I can find it .

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CURRENT MOON
>
free counters Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites